The sweet smell of a table full of ripe heirloom tomatoes. Tasty zucchini and corn on the grill. Fresh-baked apple crumble made from the top orchard pickings. An evening spent catching up with old friends and laughing with new ones. A wagon ride over the hills returning from the local winery to a gourmet meal by candlelight. Serious mathematical conversations on the ride back after a close-to-home gig with a close friend. Smiles emanate from our parents in the audience after a song well-played…. We are home, if only for a little while, but there’s no place like home.
On the way to pick apples!
Sweet as Honey:
1. Heirloom tomato sandwiches!
2. Visiting with JJ and Jasen.
3. Dinner in “Alla” Vista with friends.
4. Catching up with Jacob!
5. Lots and lots of hiking.
6. Jah Kagey (his Reggae alter-ego).
7. Beautiful Swoope, VA for an afternoon sunset.
8. Barry joins us at Plan B Cafe in Broadway! Great show at a great venue!
9. Family time with the parents.
10. Albemarle Baking Company and Pippin Hill Winery. Mmmm, mmmm!