As you’ve probably noticed, we’ve fallen off the band wagon a bit with this blog- never fear! It’s been a very busy month with many exciting things on the horizon.
First, we are hard at work on our record, set for release at the end of July. We can hardly contain our excitement for these new songs- like we’re onto something different, with new angles, from our last record. This progress and growth feels really good. Thanks to all of you who’ve pre-ordered already. We will be sending out emails with information on the release date very soon!
June has been an incredible month of shows for us. The OcraFolk Festival was a big highlight. We were welcomed with open arms and big hearts into this small community of brilliant musicians. We spent a lot of time with our friends and neighbors, the Steel Wheels and also made new friends with some of the other musicians. The gospel jam on Sunday was a perfect end to a lovely weekend on the island. Check out this festival– it’s the first weekend in June and FREE! How could you pass on that one?
We had an excellent show at the Southern in Charlottesville with the David Wax Museum. David and Suz are stellar musicians and nice people to boot! It’s always a pleasure to see one of their shows and to get to play with them as well. Help them play the Newport Folk Festival this summer by voting here! It’s easy and they deserve the slot!
Our shows at Ashland Coffee and Tea, Sun Music Hall, Summer Solstice Fest and a house concert were all so great too. The people we’ve met and the enthusiasm we’ve received are the perfect fuel for putting out new material by the end of next month. We want to thank all of you for a great batch of shows!
Sweet as Honey for a month:
1. Making a new home in Charlottesville, VA.
2. Tristan Benedict- Hall- the moving machine!
3. Brian Dickel and Jay Lapp- our new/old friends.
4. Barry “Awesome” Lawson- for without him, we’d have no recording studio, no bass player, and no fun.
5. Floyd, VA- it’s the place where we’d all like to call home.
6. Dogtown Pizza in Floyd- it’s seriously the best you’ll ever eat (we still heart Dr. Ho’s in North Garden).
7. Wacky Jacky C.- A Maury River staple.
8. John Prine, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Larry Sparks, Eilen Jewell, Fog Horn Stringband, Radiohead.
10. Huss and Dalton guitars (our backbones).